First West Baton Rouge Parish public high school. Built in 1911 for grades 1-11 to serve students in area from Beaulieu to Chenango Plantations. WPA program completed the gym & adjacent building in 1938. Original school constructed under the administration of J.H. Bres, West Baton Rouge School Superintendent from 1908-1948. Two story wooden school demolished in 1950 and now exists only in pictures and student memories.